Three Way Street Extras Here you can find more information about Three Way Street
Communicating with children is often a three way event between you, the child and an accompanying adult. Managing these interactions is an essential skill for everyone working with children.
Failure to communicate effectively with children can have serious and sometimes devastating consequences. Yet children are often at the margins of communication, for example in doctor-parent-child consultations, the child contribution averages less than 10%.
How does Three Way Street help?
Three Way Street has been developed by Triangle with children and young people. The Three Way Street Training & Development DVD and handbook gives you:
- Evidence-based strategies to establish direct communication with a child in the presence of another adult
- Examples of real three way interactions going well and going badly
- A model for three way communication in which the child is central
- Scenarios involving children and young people aged 1-20, meeting real doctors, nurses, social workers, therapists, police officers, lawyers, teachers, interpreters and intermediaries.
What's in the box?
The pack contains a 53 minute, chaptered DVD and a 28 page, full colour handbook. Every DVD has a fully signed version in BSL.
- Planning for three way meetings
- Getting three way meetings started
- Engaging the child in the triangle
- Engaging the adult in the triangle
- Getting the best out of three way communication
- Switching and closing three way interactions
Who is Three Way Street for?
Everyone who works with children, including doctors, nurses, social workers, therapists, police officers, lawyers, teachers, interpreters and intermediaries.
Here are some clips from Three Way Street:
Children can be excluded
Fizzy Splodge Sandwiches
Grown Ups Talking
Who is the Client?