Introduction to Communication and Consultation
This course aims to introduce a range of communication methods and strategies when working with children and young people.
- To increase competence and confidence in consulting with disabled children and young people, particularly about their views, wishes and feelings
- To introduce participants to different approaches to communication, within a clear value framework
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Recognise a wide range of communication methods as valid
- Apply the social model of disability to children's communication
- Sign a basic introduction to a child
- Identify barriers to consultation with disabled children
- Use a range of strategies to overcome these barriers
- Seek further information and resources locally and nationally
£180 + VAT inclusive of lunch, refreshments and all course material.