Advanced Communication and Consultation
- To further develop skills in consulting with disabled children and young people, particularly about their views, wishes and feelings
- To apply these skills and approaches in different contexts
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Produce information for children in different formats
- Interpret and use formal assessments of childrens communication
- Set up clear agreements with interpreters and communicators
- Consult in evidentially careful ways with children
- Use non-directive approaches to clarify childrens accounts
- Represent childrens views in ways that are accurate and credible
NB. Advanced course open only to those who have completed the introductory level course or who can demonstrate the necessary knowledge and experience to join the course.
Charlie Orrell is a qualified speech and language therapist and registered intermediary. She specialises in working with children with physical and/or learning difficulties, their families and other professionals in their lives. She has a particular interest in supporting children who are non-verbal to develop alternative methods of communication.
£180 + VAT for two days including lunch, refreshments and all course materials.