Advanced Challenging Behaviour
- To further understand children's behaviour and the importance of adult responses
- To provide a safe, practical forum to reflect on ways of working with children whose behaviour challenges, including the use of physical interventions
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the impact of their own behaviour on the child
- Work with a framework for analysing moments of crisis
- Describe specific behavioural techniques
- Consider personal stress and ways of coping with this positively
- Describe basic legal principles and guidance on physical interventions
- Reflect on one person's experience of being on the receiving end of physical interventions
- Use basic foundations skills in physical interventions with children, including: grounding, safe positioning, breakaway techniques and graded hand holds
NB. Advanced course open only to those who have completed the introductory level course or who can demonstrate the necessary knowledge and experience to join the course.
Mark works directly with children and young people for Triangle providing advocacy and support. He also leads training on physical interventions for challenging behaviour.
£180 + VAT for two days including lunch, refreshments and all course materials.